Of course, there are many non-fungible token (NFT) marketplaces such as OpenSea, Nifty Gateway, SolSea, MagicDen, Solanart, Blockparty, and more that can be accessed from India. However, in this article, we have curated the NFT marketplaces that are of Indian origin or have an Indian theme.
The NFT craze in India is growing every day. Artists are love to showcase their work as NFT in NFT marketplaces over Facebook, YouTube, and other social media platforms.
The high gas fee of global NFT marketplaces has always been a barrier for most artists, particularly Indian artists.
But now, native Indian NFT marketplaces will be the gateway for such artists.
Yes, India has a few native NFT marketplaces and a few emerging NFT marketplaces in the pipeline as well.
These Indian NFT marketplaces are literally redefining the gas fee.
Top Indian NFT Marketplaces to Sell and Own Best NFTs
An NFT marketplace is where people can list, buy, sell, and bid digital collectibles, also known as NFTs.
1. WazirX NFT
WazirX, India’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, launched its NFT marketplace on June 1, 2021.
The WazirX NFT marketplace runs on the Binance Smart Chain, developed by its parent company Binance, the world’s largest crypto exchange.
WazirX even announced its NFT secondary market on September 17, 2021, soon after the launch of its NFT marketplace.
— Nischal (WazirX) ⚡️ (@NischalShetty) September 17, 2021
A secondary market allows NFT collectors to showcase and sell their NFT collectibles.
Since its inception, WazirX’s NFT platform has attracted many Indian artists. Started with 15 creators and now it has over 300 creators on board.
Now, the Indian government’s advisory firm Sapio Analytics takes responsibility to bring out ancient artworks of India as NFT through the WazirX NFT marketplace.
Perks & Features
- Charges a minimal gas fee of $1 for transactions. OpenSea charges $100-$150 gas fee for minting a single NFT.
- Users can trade with WazirX’s own token WRX.
- Allows both bids and fixed prices for sale.
- NFTs minted in the WazirX platform can be transferred into another blockchain such as Ethereum.
Hindu Gods such as Lord Shiva, Lord Vishnu, Saraswathi, and The big B evolution are some of the most popular and expensive NFTs in the WazirX NFT marketplace.
A Billion Dreams by cartoonist Satish Acharya was sold for $338.7 or 300WRX. This NFT is based on the Tokyo Olympic win of Mirabai Chanu.
WazirX recently collaborated with the current custodian of the Wadiyar dynasty to launch the NFT emphasizing the rich heritage and culture of the Mysore region to portray the rich culture of India. You can see the first NFT that represents Wadiyar dynasty here.
Colexion is the elite and Asia’s largest licensed digital marketplace for premium NFTs. It is founded by Abhay Aggarwal and Bibin Babu in 2021. The team has actor Suniel Shetty on board as an investor and advisor.
Colexion is an NFT marketplace where you can collect exclusive licensed NFTs of your favorite cricket stars. Also, you can own rare moments of your favorite celebrities as an NFT.
It hosts the world’s first digital museum, a metaverse of curated NFTs that portrays the journey of India’s cricketer Yuvraj Singh.
Perks & Features
- Creators can bag 95% of the total sale price of their initial sale and only 5% goes to Colexion as a fee.
- Connects celebrities and fans more closely. Fans can own their favorite megastar’s iconic and rare moments as an NFT.
- Exclusive collections such as limited-edition images, videos, autographs, artwork, etc can be owned.
- Besides NFT, Colexion is also a metaverse gaming platform.
- Hosts digital museum (metaverse) of celebrities and athletes.
- Diversification: NFTs are available across sports, art, entertainment, and fashion.
Kalamint is an NFT marketplace, was founded by two Indians Sandeep Sangli and Harsha Bakku in 2020. It runs on Tezos blockchain, meaning you can purchase NFTs with ꜩ coins.
Between, April and October 2021, Kalamint has sold NFTs worth $2.7 million.
According to DappRadar, Kalamint is one of the top 30 NFT marketplaces globally.
Kalamint is the second-largest NFT marketplace on the Tezos blockchain.
Perks and Features
- Only a minimal gas fee of $0.40 or less is required for minting an NFT in Kalamint.
- Tezos is faster than Ethereum (transactions per second (tps) of 121). So transactions in Kalamint are faster.
- Easy to access the platform. It doesn’t require any exclusive invite.
- Users are rewarded with KALAM tokens.
Kalamint has announced a partnership with PangeaSeed, which will bring twenty-eight of well renowned artists including Yuumei, Ted Chin, POGO, and many.
BeyondLife.club is an exclusive marketplace that is about to lauch on Jan 28, 2022. It is the first curated celebrity and athlete NFT exchange in India launched by Rhiti Sports and NFT exchange platform GuardianLink.io.
This marketplace runs on the Polygon Blockchain.
BeyondLife.club is teamed up with elite artists, athletes, music bands, and brands to launch exclusive NFTs.
Perks & Features
- Launches exclusive official NFTs of Amitabh Bachchan, and more elite artists and athletes.
- Democrizes the opportunity for all.
- Supports all major credit cards, UPI, and cryptocurrency.
- Since Polygon has low gas fee, so the BeyondLife.club.
NFTically was founded by Toshendra Sharma and Rohendra Singh. NFTically allows creators and users to buy, sell, trade, create an NFT store, and marketplace.
NFTically is using the Polygon platform to offer low gas fee. However, it also supports Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, and Cronos chains.
NFTically’s investors gang include:
Surojit Chatterjee, CPO of Coinbase
Jaynti Kanani, CEO of Polygon
Gaurav Munjal, CEO of Unacademy and more.
Perks & Features
- NFTically is a multi-chain platform.
- Low gas fee
- Anyone can create her/ his own NFT store or NFT marketplace
BollyCoin was founded by Atul Agnihotri, Ayaan Agnihotri, and Kyle Lopes in 2021. It bridges the gap between Bollywood and blockchain.
This Bollywood-themed Salman Khan-backed NFT marketplace sold 20 million tokens worth $2 million.
Perks & Features
- BollyCoin token holders can reap real-world benefits.
- Users can trade BollyCoin tokens in any Decentralized exchange (DEX).
Recently, BollyCoin launched the Dabangg NFT collections.
7. Upcoming NFT Marketplaces in India
Tech Mahindra is about to launch its own NFT marketplace where creators and celebrities can sell their rare arts and moments.
With a low gas fee and the number of artists, creators, popular artworks, and Government involvement, the WazirX NFT marketplace is definitely a promising platform to list and bag many of the popular NFTs, followed by Colexion, and Kalamint.