Content writing is the process of writing online content for marketing purposes. At the same time, it primarily focuses on educating or instructing the audience about the brand or software.
Content writing influences every stage of a buyer’s journey, from brand awareness to purchase decisions.
A content writer needs to write easy to comprehend, SEO optimized, and elaborate content on a particular topic.
Content writing vs Copywriting vs Proofreading
- As mentioned above, content writing is to educate, entertain, or instruct readers. It is usually long-form content.
Eg: articles, blogs, press releases, newsletters, e-books, and reports.
- Copywriting is for advertising purposes. It is usually short-form content.
Eg: ad copies, landing page content, slogans, and taglines.
- Proofreading is the process of examining the final draft. It is an indispensable step in the writing process, which helps to preserve credibility. Oftentimes, people assume proofreading and copyediting are the same, but they aren’t.
Proofreading is primarily identifying fonts & format issues and layout along with spelling errors, grammar, and punctuation errors. It doesn’t include any re-writing or changing the form of the sentences. It is carried out after the copyediting phase.
Copyediting on the other hand is an in-depth process that involves rectifying the sentence construction, rewriting wordiness, jargon and bringing language clarity.
Content writing, copywriting, and proofreading all are interconnected and coexist. For example, take a look at this article,
- The headline/ social media post draws attention and made you click—that’s a copywriting
- Then, you are going through the content paragraph by paragraph—that’s a content writing
- This whole article is less prone to error—that’s a copyediting and proofreading
How Much Does a Content Writer Make?
The average salary of a content writer in the US makes around $55,000 per year. But the salary is much higher if you opt for freelancing.
An experienced content writer may make close to $125,000 per year and there is no limit if you write content for your own blogs. Start your own blog with a free domain name and tools.
Skills Needed to Become Content Writer
- Writing: You don’t need to have exceptional writing skills as a beginner. What you really know is basic writing skills that follow proper grammar and punctuation.
- Strong Research Skills: Only way you are able to stand apart from your competitions is through strong research. Only by research, you are able to write content that is highly searchable and unique.
- SEO: The best content won’t be effective if readers can’t find it. This is where SEO comes into play. Understand basic SEO, search intent, write content that Google loves.
- Adaptable to Deadlines: This is a major skill everyone should follow, not only content writers. Ability to finish the work before the deadline is a superpower.
- Editing: Every content should be edited twice before it is actually published. Ruthlessly prune unwanted words, sentences.
If you are able to do above all the things you are already in the top 10% of the Content Writer.
One Tool That Is Needed for Your Content Writer Journey
You can generate original and creative content in a matter of a few seconds. Yes, you read it right. We are going to reveal the future of writing that is already used by 30,000+ copywriters, entrepreneurs, and agencies.
The advent of AI has led to so many creative software and AI content/ copywriters are one of them. Jarvis is the only tool that you need to have in order to make an impact in the content writing field. Jarvis is the AI content/ copywriter software that is built based on OpenAI’s (Founded by Elon Musk) GPT-3.
1 writer with AI Content writing tool = 10 writers
|Did You Know?
Features of Jarvis
- Boss Mode—helps to create unlimited words with voice command; people have even created many books.
- Dedicated blog post outline, intro, and conclusion generator.
- Multilingual—supports more than 25 languages.
- Generates more than 10 different content samples for a single input given in a matter of a few seconds.
- Serves multi-purpose—both for content and copies. You can also create marketing copies with 50+ copywriting skills including AIDA, Problem-Agitate-Solution (PAS), Facebook ad headline, product description, SEO optimization, and more.
If you want to be in the top 10% of content writers, you need to go the extra mile, which means you need to use the latest emerging technology. What are you waiting for? Leverage the Jarvis.ai and move ahead of the competition.
Places to Find Your Content Writing Jobs
- Upwork: Upwork is a leading freelance marketplace that records 145,000 core clients. If your Upwork profile speaks well, you can even bag big corporate clients.
- Fiverr: Fiverr registered 3.42 million active buyers in 2020. So it’s one of the big markets to showcase your skills.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is the professional platform that enables anyone to connect with business leaders, founders, decision-makers. Go ahead and connect, build a rapport, offer your service, and post about your experience and $$$$$ earned to attract more leads.
- Flexjobs: Flexjobs is the best place for finding remote and work-from-home jobs. In Flexjobs you are able to discover a lot of requirements related to content writing services.
Great Tools Needed for Content Writer
- Grammarly: Grammarly makes content writing easy and faster. It automatically detects grammar, spelling, punctuation mistakes and gives effective suggestions.
- Jarvis.ai: Jarvis must have an AI tool if you want to move ahead of the competition. It has everything you need for your content writing journey. Say bye-bye to writer’s block with Jarvis.
- SEMrush: SEMrush is an all-in-one tool for identifying marketing insights. It is trusted by over 7,000,000 marketers around the world. It has over 40+ tools from SEO, keyword research to lead generation tools. Compared to any other tools, SEMrush is a must-have for content/ copywriters. Their database is continuously growing—20.8B keywords, 14M ideas for single keywords—and helps to find low-competition keywords easily. Overall, SEMrush is a true value for money.
- Google Docs: Google Doc is also like Grammarly; Doc is an online free editing and styling tool. Apart from this, Google Doc is known for its powerful collaboration.
Step by Step Procedure to Get Content Writing Jobs
- Take an Online Course: Taking a course will help you to understand the foundation of content writing that is needed to become a better content writer. It’s one of the quick ways to learn.
- Register on All Freelancer Platforms: If you are just getting started it is always better to register on all freelancing platforms above mentioned. Having a lot of options is good at the beginning.
- Create a Personal Portfolio Blog: Create a personal portfolio blog and share your experience through writing blog posts. This not only stands apart from other content writers and this helps you gain trust among your clients.
- Leverage LinkedIn: You can leverage LinkedIn by creating content and reaching out to small businesses and startups that are looking for your content writing services through email or DM.
- Leverage Twitter: Twitter is only a place where founders and leaders share their thought process constantly. You can reach out to any founder and leaders that are looking for your services or learn ins and outs of your craft through their experience.
- One Tool to 10X your Content Production: Jarvis is the go-to tool for all content writers. With Jarvis, you are able to generate 10 variations of content for a single input. With Boss Mode, you can 10x your writing forever.
- Inspire Other Content Writers through Blogs and Social Media: Establish yourself as a brand by continuously posting about the work that you are doing. Share your work, achievement, progress on social media. This will make you stand out among the crowd of content writers.
Feel free to share if you appreciate our effort. Happy writing:)